POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : alpha transparency help : alpha transparency help Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  alpha transparency help
From: Corey Woodworth
Date: 4 Apr 2002 14:27:23
Message: <3caca91b@news.povray.org>
Ok I made a pic with an all white background by making the actual background
white. I also added an infinte plane that is white with an ambient of .4 as
a floor. I did this because I wanted the objects I placed in the scene to
have shadows on a floor but still have the floor indistinguishable from the
sky. My first problem is that ambient .4 really lightens up the shadows but
if I lower the ambient the horizon becomes visible. My other problem is I
want to make this pic alpha transparent. When I do so the white background
becomes transparent but the floor doesn't. Is there a way I can give the
floor a no_image tag or something similar but still let shadows be cast on
it.

Thanks
Corey